We would like to invite you to apply for Mountain Middle School’s (MMS) Board of Directors (Board). We want this relationship to be mutually beneficial, so that our school’s mission and vision are a good fit with yours. Our Board has up to seven members made up of parents and members of the broader community. The Head of School attends every Board meeting as a non-voting participant, providing valuable insights through discussion and routine reports. The Board convenes twice per month, once for regular business meetings and once for work sessions. We meet 10 months per year unless special meetings are called. Board Committees schedule meetings as needed throughout the year. It sounds like a lot of meetings but we strive to make our meetings efficient, fun and to work on the right stuff. The ability to work on a team is an important part of serving on the MMS Board. We may not always agree but we leave the meetings speaking with one voice. Our success as a board is built one conversation at a time.
Joining the MMS Board
MMS Board Member Responsibilities
- Be available and willing to dedicate up to 12 hours per month to board service.
- Oversee fiscal health, academic success, regulations, Head of School performance and the school’s strategic plan.
- Prepare for, attend, and participate in 3 out of every 4 Board meetings, including monthly work sessions and an annual Board retreat.
- Prepare for, attend and participate in at least one board committee.
- Attend required training and orientation.
- Sign and carry out the responsibilities outlined in the MMS Board Member Agreement. View Here
Encouraged Activities (not required but will help you gain a deeper knowledge of MMS and its programs)
- Attend school events
- Visit classrooms and observe the instructional program in action
Once your interest questionnaire is complete, the Board Secretary will review it and call references . This may take a little time. We strive to get back with you within two weeks of receiving your request.